I've been regretting neglecting my blog as much as I have this year... although, my reasoning has been to soak up time with my kids in the evenings and on the weekends. That time with my babes, I have not regretted in the slightest. It might be my top favorite improvement/event for 2013. But, for the rest of my top 13 favorites... in no specific order. Faith, Family, Food and Fitness.
- God spent some more time working on my trust issues this year. Ouch.
- My oldest, Connor, asked to be baptized this year. What an awesome thing!
- Jason's new schedule allows us to get the kids to Sunday School every week and spend time together every Sunday.
- In January, I blogged about letting go of the past. God continuously reminds me to step out of regret.
- By June, God was working on me to focus on Him and His purpose for my life instead of trying to figure everything out on my own. I'm such a work in progress... :)
- Our church went through a lot of changes this year. But we stuck together, and God has seen us through.
- I moved from teaching 3rd-5th grade girls every Wednesday to... highschool! Terrifying and super fun!
- This summer, I shared my story with our women's Sunday School class. Also terrifying.
- One of my favorite Bible studies is Stuck by Jennie Allen. I think going through her study would be an annual thing.
- I regretted skipping women's Bible study this year. I even skipped Beth Moore's James... and I love her studies. Next year, I will make the time.
- I carry a rock around in my purse now.
- God started this year out showing me that I need to spend energy on being thankful... and I have!
- God also wanted me to work on my friendships... I don't know that I did a great job of that. Guess 2014 will have to be a continuation.
- We welcomed my new niece this year. One of the most adorable babies ever!
- My mother-in-law moved closer to the family. We love having another grandma around.
- Jason and I took our first ever plane trip together to Rhode Island to help his mom pack (see #2).
- We are officially a football family every fall. Both boys play now, so we are busy from August through November with practices and games.
- We are also officially a 4-H family. The boys have learned so much about their chickens and farm life. Camping at the county fair was actually a lot of fun.
- My commitment to spending more time with my kids shows in my blog. I blogged WAY less this year than last year!
- I also fell behind on other stuff just so I could spend quality time with my kids.
- We added ducks and sheep and rabbits and new chickens to our family.
- We are officially a "farm" family. Chores are a big part of our "family" time!
- We are starting to run more as a family too... Connor is going to run the Hot Chocolate with us in 2014, and he is super excited!
- The kids are getting older and time is going too fast. I'm getting a little sentimental about it.
- Jason and I have made an intentional effort to put family first and spend as much time as possible with our extended family when we have the chance.
- God has put family on the heart of our pastor and church too. Jason and I have consistently been encouraged by others, and I feel like 2014 is going to be even better for our family!
- I followed a Mother Earth bread recipe and blogged about it. Mother Earth commented! I geeked out so badly!!
- I canned tuna on my own...
- And then I taught a friend. I felt so accomplished.
- After experimenting with sausage recipes, I made a breakfast maple sausage that is the bomb- diggity.
- We are getting four khaki campbell duck eggs per day. I love my ducks and their eggs.
- I took the plunge and splurged on a 7 quart Kitchenaid mixer. It was worth every penny.
- My sister was married in October, and I made her wedding cake! It was nerve-wracking, but she loved it.
- I'm comfortable leaving eggs out of the refrigerator... and we are all still alive.
- We've perfected the art of crock pot yogurt making.
- Adding brown sugar, flaxseed meal, and an egg to a french bread recipe is a wonderful thing.
- I canned my butt off this year. Peaches, pears, tomatoes, zucchini relish, kosher dills, dilly beans and venison stew meat. And the tuna!
- I'm not scared of our pressure cooker anymore!
- Even with blogging less, I did a lot of meal planning. Meal planning makes all the difference in our crazy lives!
- In June, my husband and I ran our first marathon. North Olympic Discovery Marathon was a great experience!
- In January, I was chosen as a Sweat Pink Ambassador! I was so thrilled, and I have loved being a part of this community.
- We ran the Hot Chocolate in March, and this year, I was chosen to be a Hot Chocolate Blogger for 2014! I am so excited.
- As part of our trip to Rhode Island, I got to bring Jason to the National Mall for a run. It was freezing but so fun! We said hi to Abe and raced back to the hotel to change and catch our plane.
- I fell in love with injinji toe socks after winning a pair from Run with Jess. I'm up to three pairs.
- During marathon training, I ran a 15 mile run in my Saucony Hattoris with no socks. By mile eight I was bleeding through my shoes. Not awesome, but a lesson learned and bragging rights earned.
- I'm getting serious about working on strengthening my core this year. Planks anyone?
- 2013 was the year I ran solely in minimal shoes.
- I never thought that I would be that runner who rotates multiple pairs of shoes... but I am!
- New Balance replaced one of those multiple pairs of shoes this year because they had ripped. Thanks to aforesaid rotation... they are still going strong!
- I had my first ever DNS this year... there's a funny story to go with it, but I'm still embarrassed.
- One of my Christmas presents was a FlipBelt! I am so excited to run with this!
- I learned that my favorite flavor of GU is Peanut Butter. I need to stock up on those, because 2014 is the year of the 50k training.
There you have it. The best (or most memorable) as best as I can remember it all. Please, click the links, comment, become a follower! I will follow you back, and we will work through 2014 together!
Happy New Year!