Move Nourish Believe Challenge: Week Two Recap

Week Two: Nourish 

2/10: Go Meatless - Skip meat today! Try vegetarian/vegan meals.

I was excited for Meatless Monday, because I always talk about it, and I rarely follow through.  

However... this particular Monday, I had pre-made an amazing smelling red coconut curry with lamb Sunday night for a quick Monday dinner.  This was my second lamb experiment, so I wanted to see if I liked it better in curry than I did as chops.  I can leave a lamb chop.  

But. I powered through.  I picked out the meat, ate the rest of the sauce and decided to have the full meal for leftovers during the week in my lunch.  The rest of the curry sauce was amazing though, and we mixed rice and couscous and sprinkled fresh cilantro on top.  Delish.

The beginning of my Meatless Monday was equally delicious.  

Breakfast - Homemade greek yogurt topped with honey and granola for breakfast.  I was in a bit of a rush, so I had to eat it out of the container driving down the highway.  

Lunch - Kalamata olive and feta salad topped with veggies and raspberry vinagrette.  I also snacked on cheddar kettle chips and raspberry ginger kombucha on the drive back from our work meetings.


2/11: TYLTW! - Take Your Lunch to Work today! Choose a recipe from movenourishbelieve.com to inspire your packed lunch!

Amazing Lorna Jane Salad  I made a salad with kale, cilantro, and spinach and packed a baked sweet potato on the side.  It was as close as I could get to the awesome salad recipe on the website.

2/12: Write it down! - Journal your food today and share your WIAW with us!

Oh dear... this was a bad day.  

Breakfast - I started out decent enough with an americano with honey and cream, homemade wheat toast and a banana.  Later on that morning, I had a glass of orange juice.

Lunch - A giant salad with spinach, kale, cilantro and french dressing.  I also had about 1/2 a cup of leftover venison, carrot and potato stew with a dumpling.  Later that afternoon, I had a crazy stress craving for a Squirt - they are not low calorie!

Dinner - We ate at Jason's grandma's house, and she had made chili dogs.  I went low-carb and opted for a bowl of chili with chips, onion and cheese.  

Snacks - This is where I lost my mind.  Wednesday nights I lead a group for high school girls.  It was our "reward" night, so we went to a local restaurant for ice cream.  I caved and had a small peppermint patty cyclone.  It was delicious.  So good that I ended up have two chocolate chip cookies when we got back to the church.  

My self-control slowly went out the window.  I ended the day 400 calories over.  But - this was a great exercise in accountability!

2/13: Smoothie Day! - Happy Thirsty Thursday! Make a healthy smoothie today!

I almost missed this day!  After Jason and I finished our Gladiator workout, I made a smoothie to test out my first ever batch of kefir.  I added homemade raspberry freezer jam and ice cubes. 

Delicious!  And great recovery for my super tired muscles!

2/14: Go Raw Friday! - Choose a recipe from movenourishbelieve.com and go raw!

For some reason, every time I check out Lorna Jane's recipes, I end up at the salads.  They all look SO good!  Of course... I never have everything in my cupboards and fridge for an exact replica... so I improvised.  Friday night we had homemade fish and chips.  Jason took some lingcod out of the freezer, and I made an experimental corn meal and corn chip breading.  We made homemade sweet potato fries too.  For extra sides, I heated up corn and made a coleslaw style salad with cabbage, kale, cilantro, and grated carrots.  The salad and the fish went awesome with a homemade yogurt and dill sauce.  


Overall - this was a great week.  I'm definitely going to keep up on documenting meals on MyFitnessPal.  I'm also super impressed with kefir smoothies!  Those will stay in the rotation for breakfasts and recovery!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Despicable Shadow Puppets

Peanut Butter and Bananas

Things My Kids Say... Ready to Cry/Laugh/Groan a Little?