Soggy Phone

For the first time in my life, I have ruined a phone.  Totally destroyed.  And all because I decided to be tough and run in the rain.

I skipped an after church potluck to burn 600 calories rather than ingest at least that many.  It was pouring rain and freezing cold.  So cold that the rain stung my cheeks and took my breath away.   Yet, I was not about to be deterred.  I started my running playlist, hit the start activity button on Runkeeper and tucked my phone in the pocket of my casual vest turned running vest.  Needless to say, the vest is not, and never will be, waterproof.  The sogginess of my phone can attest to that.

What a great 5-ish mile "long" run.  I kept a nice, easy 10:45 pace (almost dead on at every mile) and  slogged through the downpour.  My thrifted New Balance lightening dry jacket kept my arms dry, and my feet were warm in my socks, even though my Minimus shoes have absolutely zero resistance to water.  In fact, I think they attract it.

As I ran back into the church parking lot and hopped in my car, I took my phone out of my pocket to stop my activity.  Of course, all the raindrops were interfering... and just as I was about to wipe my phone off on a dry coat in the front seat, the screen separated into hundreds of multi-colored lines and went dark.

That's what I get for being cheap and not buying a good waterproof case.  That's what I get for not being cheap enough to put it in a Ziploc baggie.

Rice, warmth, shaking... nothing has helped.

Oh well, I was up for an upgrade.  Guess I'll use it.  But this time, I'm buying a waterproof case for running.

Winter hasn't even begun.  There's much, much more rain on the horizon.  And I don't intend to quit running in it.... ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Despicable Shadow Puppets

Peanut Butter and Bananas

Things My Kids Say... Ready to Cry/Laugh/Groan a Little?