Meal Plan Monday

Tonight's the night to meal plan!

Today was Meatless Monday.  I sauteed onions, red peppers, and garlic, then added leftover rice, diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, and seasonings to make a quick and easy Mexican-style rice.  I added refried beans and some home canned tomatillo salsa as sides.  We also sprinkled feta on top. The kids had it all in taco shells, but I just ate mine plain.  It turned out pretty great!


I added green onion for color and flavor!


Tuesday will be ramen with edamame, peas, and corn (the kids have been begging for it).  I will probably opt for a nice big dinner salad... a healthier option!

Wednesday is our night at the church.  We'll have the leftover rice mix with tortilla chips and a side of fruit.

Thursday will be a salmon veggie casserole from the freezer and a salad. 

Friday we have to go into town and shop.  My plan is to eat at Costco.  Yum and cheap!  I'll get the chicken caesar salad instead of the polish dog... even though I really want the polish dog, and in a moment of weakness I might change my mind.  But I'll run extra for it on Saturday, although I'm not going to do the math on how many extra miles that will have to be!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Despicable Shadow Puppets

Peanut Butter and Bananas

Things My Kids Say... Ready to Cry/Laugh/Groan a Little?