What a Face!

On Sunday, I finished the Rhody Run. This is one of those small runs that has been going on forever and has recently gotten "big" by our small town standards. I might do a Rhody Run re-cap sometime, but what I really want to write about are the awful faces I make when I run.

As usual, at most races there are lots of camera people roaming around, working hard to take the most flattering shots possible of jiggling, sweating, red-faced runners. But they usually aren't flattering...at least, not my pictures. I know there are those who are super-muscled and tanned. Those who make running look easy. Fun even. They know just when to smile and wave. They can run and pose at the same time. Not I.

Not I, said the red-faced, sweating, jiggling runner.

The runner whose pictures look like this.

And this.

Even when I think I am smiling and maybe looking athletic... I still look unconvincing.

The funny thing is, a lot of the time, I like my run. But apparently my face doesn't show it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Despicable Shadow Puppets

Peanut Butter and Bananas

Things My Kids Say... Ready to Cry/Laugh/Groan a Little?