Hurts So Good

Come on Baby, make it hurt so good... Sometimes love don't feel like it should....
That's the song I woke up with in my head this morning.  Except I am a hairy beast who epilated for the first time last night.  So the song went more like this...

Oh Emjoi, make it hurt so good... Sometimes hair removal don't feel like it should...

And that is why Emjoi doesn't pay me to write jingles and why John Mellencamp won't ever give me the rights to his music.  But Tina at For The Love of the Run trusted me enough to send me an Emjoi epilator to try! 

I was so excited.  One, because they aren't cheap.  Two, because I really need to come up with a better way to deal with all my leg hair.  I am abysmal at shaving my legs.  I hate it.  I never have time for it. And, I'm married with three children, for crying out loud.  (My husband really likes that attitude, by the way.)  Summer is on the way, and I really want to wear shorts when running without feeling the wind ruffling my leg hair.  I need to get to the root of the problem... (I am totally laughing right now).  An epilator just might be my solution.
A while back, Tina had a giveaway for an Emjoi epilator, but I didn't try to win because she had just sent me that awesome Body Glide, and I didn't want to be greedy.  But of course, I regretted it.  So, just recently I signed up for her Softcup Challenge and was given the opportunity to test this epilator out. This time, I grabbed.

Remember, this is my first time ever epilating.  I had never even seen an epilator before.  Honestly. 
And if you haven't either, here is what it looks like.



Here's what the package looks like.

Once I got the package opened, I realized there was more than met the eye. Not only did it come with the epilator part, it has a carrying case, razor and exfoliating attachments, and a cleaning brush.  At first, I just looked at all the pieces.  I was still confused. Then I read the directions, like three times.  And, even though I was super nervous, I didn't totally follow them. 

Please follow them.  Emjoi means it when they tell you to shower or bathe first so that your skin is pliable.  Tina meant it when she said epilation hurts if you've never done it before.  I won't begin to try and type the sounds or describe the faces I was making.  It does hurt.  A lot.  But, oddly, the hurt starts to feel good.  It must have been when my endorphins kicked in, or my body had gone into shock.  I'm not sure. 

It also took me a while to find the right way to hold the epilator and move it over my skin.  They have good directions... lots of illustrations and detailed, step-by-step, written instructions... but, if you haven't used an epilator or a shaver before it takes a while to get in the groove.  Be patient.  And be strong.  The pain is worth it in the end.  That's what I kept telling myself.

Anyway, last night, I fnished both legs.  They tingled and were covered in little red dots.  The dots were reminiscent of my teenage episode of ITP (immune thrombocytopenic purpura), but thankfully, it was just irritated hair follicles, not broken capillaries.  I digress.  This morning, they feel (and look) fantastic. And I am super excited that I don't have to shave tomorrow and the next day and the next day to keep them feeling this way.  Maybe that's why I woke up with that song in my head. 





Disclaimer:  I received the Emjoi Divine epilator in return for an honest review on my blog that included a photo and a link to the website.  I was not compensated in any other way, and I was not told that my review had to be positive.   









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Despicable Shadow Puppets

Peanut Butter and Bananas

Things My Kids Say... Ready to Cry/Laugh/Groan a Little?