Newest Worst Cartoon Ever

My husband and I decided early on that we wanted our kids to be the kids who have friends over to our house... more often than our kids stay with others.  Then we decided that for the plan to really work, we needed to start the pattern early on, when the kids are young enough to not be embarrassed of us or our house and haven't started to think that town is cooler than the sticks. 

Tonight is one of those nights.  Friends and homemade chicken strips, playing outside, Playstation, movies and popcorn.  And that is where we are now.  Movies...

We have so many good movies.  And what do they want?  A Netflix new release.  The True Story of Puss in Boots.  Truly awful.  Painful.  Low budget, kind of sleazy feeling.  Looooooooowwwwww budget.  I am cringing. 

Oh, thank you Lord!  The kids just realized how bad it is.  They were hoping for the Shrek version.  It's not even close.  Well, maybe just as sleazy...

Now it's Garfield and Friends

What have I done?

Comments

  1. lol...at least you are supervising the film choice and everything else ;) that's gotta count for something! I always wanted my house to be that way, but it never was...I don't know if my parents had anything to do with that or not, but I was always over at someone else's house. Maybe it was just easier?? I never thought my house wasn't cool enough though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought my house was cool as a kid. We lived in a pink trailer (complete with hitch) with a tin and plywood addition. It doesn't bother me now, but it sure did back then.

      Delete
  2. Blech. I hate so many kids' cartoons. All the other stuff you did made up for it, I'm sure.
    (If you haven't been asked, would you write a Leap Blog post for me? I'd really love it! You can email me at survivinglayton@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I haven't been asked! I would love to. Thank you. I am so honored and nervous.

      Delete
  3. Despite most assuredly not having the "coolest" house, we seem to have become that house especially for our younger two. Our older two were more borderline anti-social like their mother and didn't spend a lot of time away from home and still less bringing others home. I was really touched when one of Daughter-Only's (male) friends said he loves coming here because he feels accepted and loved. Apparently, they're willing to overlook dog hair and ratty furniture to get that love and acceptance. ;)

    And it was nice of you to take one (two) for the team, cartoon viewing wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awful cartoons are a start. I can't control the environment my kids are in most of the time, but it's nice to have them home on the weekends. I hope it sticks, even if I have to suffer. It's good that your house is that kind of place!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Despicable Shadow Puppets

Peanut Butter and Bananas

Things My Kids Say... Ready to Cry/Laugh/Groan a Little?