'Liebster' is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
If you receive this award, here is how you continue spreading the love...
1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 blogs (with under 200 followers) and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the Award on your blog.
4. Enjoy the love of some of the most supportive people on the Internet. :)
I award the following bloggers...and in no particular order... (okay, that's only half true, you'll find out why at the end), here they are!
1. Periphery by S. Stauss - She just straight cracks me up. No really, I laugh outloud. I love her outlook on life, and I feel like I really identify with a lot of the things she says. S. - So many times I find myself reading something you wrote and thinking "Me too!" You are random, honest, and hilarious! I found you on NaBloPoMo, and I am so glad!
2. S.A.H.M.i AM by Emily - Emily is calming and has some great blog ideas. I feel like we have a little in common because we have both experienced the opposite worlds of Washington and Texas. I think we could be kindred spirits. She might just think I am a crazy stalker. Emily - You are a great mom. I don't know how to explain it, but your blog provides a sense of tranquility. Does that sound too stalker-ish? I also found you on NaBloPoMo! What a great way to find new blogs.
3. Taming Monsters by Mel - I randomly found Mel's blog through Blogger, clicking next blog, next blog. I don't think she even knows I think she is awesome. Taming Monsters is a blog I have publicly followed and secretly adored, and now I have to make my secret adoration public. Well, Mel, here goes - I think you are fantastic. You have great stories to tell, and I look forward to each one. Your blogging style is one that I admire and hope that I can hold a candle to.
4. KidLogical by Naomi - I have looked up to Naomi since me and her baby sister were little kids. She was the cool, well-traveled, big sister who had a "life". We were angst-ridden teenagers trying to find our own place in the world. I love to read her blog because we are now in the same stage of life. The "trying to still feel sane while raising crazy, wonderful children" stage. She has a beautiful appreciation for motherhood, and her writing reminds me not to take my moments for granted. Thank you Naomi!
5. Emilie's Baby by Emilie - Here is where the nepotism starts... Emilie is my kid sister. So maybe I shouldn't have picked her as my top five. But the Liebster Award guidelines didn't say I couldn't. So I just put her at the bottom of the list so that noone could say I played favorites. My sister is beautiful, smart, a great mom, and way more crafty than I will ever be. I miss her tons and wish we were closer. I am really glad she has started blogging again because I feel like a better sister and auntie when I can spy on her and Gideon through her blog. I love you sis!