One Overwhelmed Woman

First of all, I have to share this link because I love it so much... Courtney Snailum  A few years back, almost three I guess, I did a Proverbs 31 study.  That is a woman that no one will ever be.  Supermom on crack.  Courtney does such a good job of lightheartedly rephrasing that scripture to fit the "average" mom. 
But the real reason I am writing this morning is because I went to bed too late last night and got up too early for my liking but too late if I am going to finish everything on my to do list.  My children arose before me and fended for their own breakfast (which made me think of Proverbs 32!).
I like to make lists.  I like to check off the things I have done.  Unfortunately, by the time I go back to my list again, the thing I have done and want to check off needs done again!
Today I am cleaning and packing and jamming and pickling and meal planning for my family for the week.  I am also (obviously) blogging and Facebooking and maybe shopping on Amazon.
It's a busy day and both my list and my husband's list are each a full page long.  I just had my first hormonal, emotional cry two days ago because of feeling overwhelmed and stressed out.  It was a long time coming, and at the time I had convinced myself that I would skip the first night of our women's Bible Study and just stay home to catch up.  A good friend told me the next day that if that was the way I felt then bible study was the one place I needed to be.  So I went (somewhat grumpily).
My list hasn't gotten any shorter.  In fact, it is quite a bit longer... But in order to feel like I have accomplished something worthwhile today, and more importantly, to put God first... I think I will move bible study (and LOTS OF COFFEE) to the top of my list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Despicable Shadow Puppets

Peanut Butter and Bananas

Things My Kids Say... Ready to Cry/Laugh/Groan a Little?