The Circle of Blogging

And again.... wow - long time. Hopefully there will come a time when it won't have been a long time between my posts. This life somehow gets away from me a lot. Blogging is just part of the rest of my ADD-affected activities. I start something and failing to finish, move on to another because of a mere distraction. Eventually, apparently, I circle back around!
Lots of things have gone on since my last post. I have graduated from City University (yeehaw!). I have made three birthday cakes that I have successfully kept hidden from CakeWrecks. I have maintained the rest of my frenetically crazy day to day schedule, and I have circled back around to blogging!
This was the first three day weekend I have had since September, and I was just about DYING to get a whole three day weekend without the pressure of school or shopping or a birthday party. So I went a little crazy. My husband and I made 10 lbs of summer sausage. Then I proceeded to bake 3 loaves of bread and a batch of banana muffins, can a batch of salsa, make at least ten pairs of earrings, reorganize my beads, set aside pairs of earrings to donate to some upcoming silent auctions, do countless loads of dishes and laundry, vacuum, clean the bathroom, and squeeze in a nap! All well and good, except my house doesn't actually look clean right now, nor can I tell you in what order any of the above was done. It all happened in a sort of a circular, often interrupted by other unremarkable things, type of fashion.
I've written about this before, but it is a phenomenon that I haven't quite grasped. How did I turn into the mouse? I started the salsa Saturday morning and finished Sunday night. I would chop two or three things, then put it in the fridge while I dealt with other distractions. Anyway, because I've written about it all before, I'll spare you the chore of reading through my spastic housekeeping habits.
Where I am circling this time is towards how I made it to blogging again. I checked Facebook tonight and saw a link a friend had posted to another blog (Flourish by Courtney Pooler). I had to read her post and doing so inspired me to sign in so that I could follow her. Then I looked at how long it had been since I had posted. After I worked through my embarassment, I decided that I just needed to suck it up and write something, anything, just to type out some sentences and hit "publish post" so that I could still feel like an official blogger.
So here I am. Complete circle. Hopefully the next time my circle will be smaller!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Despicable Shadow Puppets

Peanut Butter and Bananas

Things My Kids Say... Ready to Cry/Laugh/Groan a Little?